Monday, June 14, 2010

Ripples

I am hoping this blog turns out to be a little less controversial than the last. Let's all keep our fingers cross.. lol

As I sit here and watch my beautiful boy eat his breakfast, I feel no regrets. I don't want my son to grow up and be bullied and feel like he just has to take it. In making my stance known yesterday, I hopefully laid the ground work for Joseph to stand up too when things aren't right.

It's hard being an adult with a child, because everything you do is under a microscope. I need to be sure that I'm behaving in a way that would be acceptable if Joseph did it. I need to be sure that I am standing up for something worth standing for. I need to be sure Joseph can handle situations with people where he may not be treated fairly or even tolerantly.

It's kind of like when you drop a pebble into a lake. It's the ripple effect. Every pebble I drop will reach Joseph as well. He will have tough times ahead of him, mainly because of our family's beliefs but also because of his father's career path. I need to do the best I can to instill him with the tools he'll need to get through things like this in his life.

But, anyways, what I really wanted to talk about is something else. I recently ran into the woman who was my mentor for most of my teenage years. She knows Joseph. She knows Jeremiah is in the Armed Forces. She knows I'm a stay at home mom. She told me that she was proud of me, what I'm doing with my life, and that this is what I was born to do. It was a fantastic compliment from someone I had looked up to for so long. It made me feel good.

I am blessed to have this little family. I am blessed to be able to stay home with our son. I am blessed to be the wife of an American soldier. I am proud of my family. I am proud of my husband. I know we may face tough times ahead because of the service he is providing to his country, but I know he's a good man, and I love him even more for the sacrifices he is making.

No comments:

Post a Comment