Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Final 10

So, here we are, down to 10 days. These 10 days should go by fairly quickly because Joseph and I will be kind of busy this week and then next week I will being doing all sorts of little things to get ready for JJ's return. I'm relieved that we're coming to the close of OCS. He only has to get through a week and a half. There were a couple times that he wrote to me and I thought that he might be coming home without finishing, but it looks like that won't be a problem. I know he's learned a lot and is really excited to see how many doors this opens for us.

We had planned on JJ going into military intelligence. It was one of the longer jobs to train for, but we felt that it may have been a safer position, plus it looked like there could be civilian job opportunities on this career path. That door has been closed for us though. At least for right now. They are getting ready to deploy a lot of soldiers in the upcoming year, and therefore are trying to fill all open positions. There are some big decision for us to make. This choice will make or break his military career, this choice will decide how safe of a job he has, this choice will change the paths of our lives in one way or another.

That being said, Jeremiah is not deployable until his training is complete, but he's being told that it is very likely he will be. I know he would like to get the hands on experience but I am nervous about the potential dangers. God will continue to take care of us and direct our paths. I have much more peace about this than I've had in the past. Everything will go according to God's plan. I just wish I knew what His plan was.

I have still been working on my weight loss. July was a tough month, because I've felt pretty crappy through it. When I feel like crap, I eat more crap. Since the surgery, I am slowly starting to feel better. I'm not completely recovered but I am feeling better everyday. I was hoping in the beginning to be down 30lbs by the beginning of August, but that's not going to happen. I am currently down 16lbs. I would be happy just to be down 20lbs by the time Jeremiah is home. I'm working on it, but still recovering. We'll see if it happens. I'm eating much better so that has to count for something. On a good note I weigh less than when I delivered Joseph. The next milestone is to weigh less than I did when I became pregnant with him. I'll get there. I'm doing this for Joseph and any unborn children we have. Every pound I lose increases the chance of a healthier pregnancy and decreases the chance of obesity related health issues later in life. This weight wasn't all put on overnight, and it's not going to come off overnight either. I'm motivated, and I'll get there. Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement on this matter.

On a happy note, I got to see my maid of honor yesterday. She is expecting her first child this fall. She looks great, glowing, and happy. She is nearing the end of her pregnancy, and getting ready for the birth of this new child (the baby's sex will be a surprise). I'm really looking forward to meeting this new bundle and hoping to keep better in touch with her. I know she'll be a fantastic mom.

Tonight I'm going to the kickoff of a small group called Heroes on the Home Front. It is a military family support group. I'm really looking forward to this. It will give me a chance to meet other women going through what I am. It will give Joseph a chance to meet and play with other children too. I'm hoping to develop some new relationships and make some new friends.

Joseph is as amazing as ever. It seems everyday he learns at least one new word. He is getting stronger not just physically but intellectually as well. I'm proud of all the things he's learning. I'm looking forward to his birthday party. It will be a great opportunity to see family and friends. He's also been getting to bed easier for me. I am glad we are finally moving past the problems of him going to bed. He has been waking at 6am which is hard too, but at least he's going to bed in the first place. We'll get back to where we were. I can't forget that Daddy's absence has been difficult on him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment