Friday, July 9, 2010

Heartstrings

July has been such a busy month so far. I can't believe we are only 8 days in. There are so many things going on. Graduation parties, church functions, and so many other social commitments. It is good that we're busy though. It helps take my mind from how long my husband has been gone and how long it will be until he gets home.

But that's not what I really want to talk about, what I really want to say is..

I am so blessed to have such an amazing son. I know I've said it so many times, but he truly is a remarkable little boy. He fills my life with such joy and excitement. I want to be the best mom I can be for him, because he deserves the best. He is such a joy and I love him to pieces.

He is growing so quickly. It never ceases to amaze me! He has learned so many things. He has grown so much. He is becoming less and less like a baby and more and more like a young child. He has such personality. He has demands, and wants, and likes and dislikes. He is learning new ways to express himself to the world around him. His imagination is developing. Everyday he is learning new words and stringing together longer and more precious sentences. He loves to tell me about the world around him. What he wants, what he sees, what he doesn't like. It's all so precious and amazing. I love seeing him grow, and as much as I long for him to be my little baby forever, I love seeing this growth, and this progress. He honestly speaks more often and clearer than some children that are older than he is.

I love how he tells me "night" when I put him to bed. I love how when we pray before bed that he tells me who else he wants to pray for.. "Daddy, Mimmy.." It's amazing. Everywhere we go he talks to me about cars. This child is definitely set to grow into a "car guy." He makes me laugh everyday. It's especially funny to see him explaining to the cats about his blocks or dinosaurs. Or even funnier when he wants the cats out of his room and he points at his door and tells them, "Meow, get out" or "Meow, go now." He has a firm belief that everything in this world is blue, and that all birds (including Big Bird) are ducks.

I can't wait for Jeremiah to see all the new and wonderful things our son can say and do. He will be so impressed in all that has happened in two short months. I wish he could be here to experience it first hand, but I know he is doing something bigger for our family, and our country for that matter.

And my husband.. What can I say about him? He is truly a fantastic man. This month will mark 10 years together. One full decade. I still remember our first kiss. I still remember the fireworks that came from just the slightest touch, I remember them clearly, because I still get them when we touch. We've been through so much. We've grown together. We've come so far together. We've been at our highest and lowest points together. We've laughed together, cried together, fought, smiled, and dreamed together. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone different. I'm so glad we never gave in or gave up when things got tough.

He is my supporter. My best friend. My companion, my helpmate. He completes me. My hand fits perfectly in his. His lips fit perfectly to mine. He's my lover, my shoulder, my sounding board. He gives me strength, and always shows me the rational side of things. My soulmate, my Godsend, my supporter, my beloved. He's my husband, the father to my son, and the father of my unborn children.

We've seen each other at our worst and our best. I love him so much more than yesterday, and yet, not as much as I will tomorrow. Our love deepens and matures day after day. There's no other person that I would rather walk hand in hand through the storms of life with. He holds the key to my heart, and his eyes can reach the depths of my soul.

I know God made this man for me. No other person is more suited for me. No other person's strengths compliment my weaknesses.

One decade is only the tip of the iceberg though. One decade could never be enough to spend with my beloved. I look forward to many more decades. I look forward to all the ups and downs, and storms left to come to us. I love the teenager I fell in love with, and I adore the man he has become.

I love everything he has done to provide for me and Joseph. I love the selfless courage he has to make a career out of such a dangerous field. He is so strong, and brave. I love seeing how far we've come, but I can't wait to see where our next road takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment