Monday, October 25, 2010

Mini 'Sharing My Frugality' Update!

I just thought that I would let everyone know about my Target shopping trip from yesterday. I love sharing my 'deals' and hope that someone else can benefit from them.

First of all, I was super excited because we needed shampoo, and I needed some hairspray and hair mousse. I was expecting to spend at least $12 for all 3 things because I didn't have any coupons and I didn't see any of these products on clearance. Then I stumbled upon a great display of Herbal Essences products. They had the huge bottle of shampoo (that are normally $5.04) coupled with a full size hair product (that are usually $2.99) for the low price of $5.42! I love this! The giant bottles of shampoo are double the volume of the smaller so it's a great savings since the normal size ones are $2.99. I was able to find a huge shampoo coupled with a hairspray and then another huge shampoo coupled with a hair mousse. So I spent $10.84 and basically got all of this: 1 hairspray ($2.99), 1 hair mousse (($2.99), the equivalent of more than 4 bottles of shampoo (normally each $2.99, so that's a total of $11.96). All of this should have cost me, $17.94, but it only cost me $10.84. That's a savings of $7.10 (nearly 40%) just for buying it all at once instead of separately!

My other awesome deal was with those, 'buy this and that and receive a $5 gift card.' I really hit the jackpot with these yesterday.

They had cat litter on sale. Usually I spend $12.19 for a huge container of Tidy Cats. They had Tidy Cats on sale for $10.99, plus if I bought 2 I received a $5 gift card. It should have cost me, $24.38, but between the sale and factoring in the discount for the $5 gift card it's like I only paid, $16.98. That's a savings of $7.40 or approximately more than 30%.

Next they had cat food on sale as well. I usually pay $11.99 for a 16lb bag of Purina Cat Chow. They had it on sale for $10.99 and if I bought 2 I got a $5 gift card. It should have cost me, $23.98, but between the sale and factoring in the discount for the $5 gift card it's like I only paid, $16.98. That's a savings of $7 or about 30%.

Next they had my Always on sale. I usually spend $6.99 on one package. They had them on sale for $6.89 and if I bought 2 I received a $5 gift card. It should have cost me, $13.98, but between the sale and factoring in the discount for the $5 gift card it's like I only paid, $8.78. That's a savings of $5.20 or about 37%.

Last but not least, I needed body wash. I usually buy whatever body wash is cheapest. I don't like to pay more than 16 cents an ounce (and normally 16 cents an ounce is what I end up paying). So that means I usually end up buying Suave unless I have a coupon. They had Dial body wash on sale. Normally the Dial body wash is $4.29 a bottle. They had it on sale for $3.99 and if I purchased 3 I would receive a $5 gift card. I picked out two 21 ounce bottles and one 24 ounce bottle. Before the savings it should have cost $12.87, but between the sale and factoring in the discount for the $5 gift card it's like I only paid, $6.97. That's a savings of $5.90 or about 46%. Plus it breaks down to 10 cents an ounce!

No comments:

Post a Comment