Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Minutia of October

I noticed it's been nearly two weeks since I blogged. I don't really have a specific topic in mind so I guess we'll just see where this goes.

We went to a friend's wedding a couple of weeks back. It was nice to see some people we haven't seen in a while. I got a little tipsy trying to keep up with a girl that weighs less than 1/2 of what I do. She won.

It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. They were blessed with a 70 degree plus day for an outside wedding in October on the water. It was amazing. Probably the best wedding we've ever been to.

A couple days before the event we went to a BBQ with some of the same friends from the wedding. Joseph attended the BBQ with us. It was really cool to see JJ introducing his son to so many people he went to school with. He was so happy and proud to show off this little person he helped create.

It was really awesome for me to get compliments on Joseph. So many people seemed to love him. I loved having the chance to revel in his awesomeness to people who had never met him before. I even had someone come up and tell me he was the cutest baby/toddler they had every seen.

But other than the wedding not a whole lot has gone on in the Aberlich household. Jeremiah's still trying to find full-time work, I'm still trying to pinch pennies and stretch us to the next paycheck, and Joseph is, well, awesome as usual.

Oh, my Dad did have back surgery last week. He has since been released from the hospital. It will be a several month long recovery, but he's doing as well as can be expected. For those who pray, please keep his recovery in your prayers.

Hmmm... What else?

We did take Joseph to Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum to see the trains. Thank God for the gift of memberships to museums. There's no way we would have been able to afford to take him right now otherwise. Joseph loved it. His eyes literally lit up. That child has never been more excited about anything. It was an awesome thing for Mommy and Daddy to experience with him. He's such a special kid.

I got to go to a Right to Life benefit dinner with my Mother - In - Law last week too. It was nice to spend some quality time with her. It was at the Sterling Inn. The food was pretty good. The speaker was the man who had taken the picture of the baby reaching out of his mother's womb while the doctor was performing in utero surgery to correct spina bifida. I'm sure a lot of you have seen this picture. But if you haven't please check it out. Here's the link: http://www.michaelclancy.com/ It's an amazing photo. I had a nice time at the dinner. But overall I do think it's sad that there even has to be a benefit dinner to help stop the killing of innocent children. It's ridiculous that abortion is an acceptable thing in today's society. I am happy to do whatever I can to help protect these young children and give them the rights that all human beings deserve to have.

As someone who is actively trying to add to our family it absolutely disgusts me that women everyday all over the world are killing their unborn children. I would like nothing more than to be carrying a child in my womb, and some women are purposefully killing them. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Moving on..

I would just like to say that I think at some point people need to put childish things away and stop lying. You can't always lie about things because you are afraid of how people will react to them. There is a couple different ongoing situations with people in our lives who are actively lying while trying to hide things. All I can say is that we aren't that naive, and eventually bridges will be burned. Stand up people. Be adults. At some point or another it's time to drop the pretenses and just tell the truth. I'm so tired of two-sided conflicting stories. I mean at least if you want to lie about something ongoing in your life perhaps you should make sure everyone has their stories straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment