Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blessed

I am writing this now, because I know the next several days will be hectic and if I don't take the time today I may not get a chance to do this before Thanksgiving.

Let me start by saying I am blessed. I serve a God that loves me and is faithful and never fails to provide. God has blessed our family with so much. We have so much to be thankful for. But, just because I feel God has blessed us does not mean that we are more special or important than anyone else. God's blessing are not reserved for certain people. God blesses all of his children. It's your prerogative or perspective that lets you see it as a blessing or something you provided for yourself. I'm not dense enough to believe that my life is the way it is because I tried really hard or worked really hard. I see God's handiwork in our life on a daily basis. Some people are so blinded by their own selfish ideals to see that perhaps something a little bigger than themselves is responsible for certain situations or circumstances.

I am thankful for my God. He loves me. He loves my family. His hand is always in our lives. None of my problems, worries, stresses or ever too big for him. He is faithful and ever present. There is no doubt in my mind that He is who I should be thankful to for all the blessings and happiness I have in my life.

I am blessed to have a good, hard working husband. He is a man that does all that he can to provide for our family. He works double shifts at least twice a month to continue to support our family. He is a good father, and he is the love of my life.

I am blessed to have the most magnificent son. I am in awe of him everyday. He is constantly learning and growing. I am thankful that his difficult time in the womb and first week of life has not negatively affected him in any way. He is a brilliant, loving, affectionate child. I couldn't be happier with this child that we have been given.

I am blessed to have so many awesome friends. Those friends who are there when I need them. Those friends that recognize that I need them near me even if I don't ask them to be. I am thankful for unconditional friendships. Friends that allow me to be me and love me just the same.

I am thankful for my family (both blood and those through marriage). I appreciate the love, support, and guidance they provide.

There are so many other things to be thankful for. Too many to list. So, I'll close with this: I am thankful for the life I have been blessed with. I am blessed to live the life I do. All parts of it. I know I don't deserve everything that has been bestowed upon me, but I am grateful none the less.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I needed that right now.

    And I want you to know that you and your husband and your son are some of the biggest blessings in my life!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete