Monday, November 15, 2010

Preparing to Say Goodbye for Nearly 1/2 a Year

I am the proud wife of a brave American soldier. I love the titles, "Military Spouse" and "Army Wife." I believe there's a lot to be proud of with my husband's chosen career path. I've got to say that I'm also quite a sucker for the uniform. What woman doesn't love a man in uniform?

I am excited and nervous to see what this career path will bring to our lives. It will be amazing to see where this takes our family, and all the wonderful opportunities that we will be provided with.

With all that said, I'm not a big fan of the absences. It's easier than I thought it would be. That's probably because I know this is good for our family, and that it is putting us on a path to achieving some of our goals. I know what he's doing is important for his family and for his country.

The hardest part about the absences (other than obviously the fact that he's not here) is getting used to being a single parent. It's hard to get into the swing of taking care of everything by yourself. I've found that the transition for me takes about 2 weeks. After that I'm usually in full swing, have all my balls up in the air, and can get more accomplished than I ever imagined.

This absence we are currently preparing for will be the longest one we've had to ensure. My husband will be leaving in a little over 2 weeks and he will be gone for a little more than 5 months. We will be able to communicate with him more often than we have in previous training stints. That in itself should make things a little bit easier.

I just ask for prayer for our family as we start this new leg of God's journey for us. There will be a lot of adjustments we all will need to make and it will I'm sure be a difficult journey. I mean we are talking about the absence of a husband and father for nearly 1/2 the year. So, please pray for strength and endurance. Please pray that this brings our family even closer together, and that we all emerge stronger and even mightier people because of it.

I know I can be strong and do what needs to be done. I know it's all for the greater good. I know I have a few people to help out if need be. I have a really hard time asking for help because I don't want to burden anyone. So, I'm grateful for those people who extend their love and support without me asking them to.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us through these military endeavors. Your love and support has not gone unnoticed. preparation

1 comment:

  1. You are NOT a burden to me, ever. I love you guys bunches and want to do everything I can to make this separation as easy for you as possible.

    ReplyDelete