Monday, February 7, 2011

February 2011

I've been working on this blog for awhile. It's been hard lately to find time to blog. It's even harder because of have so many things floating around in my head, and trying to find a way to get them all down at once is hard. So as is the norm for me, this blog will be a mish mash of stuff.

Firstly, let me talk about my weight loss. I'd like to share a pic with you. This picture is the one of I have closest to my heaviest weight before I seriously began this journey.


And here is my most recent pic of my weight loss. In the next pic I am down about 18 lbs. Keep in mind I am now down 25 lbs though and will hopefully be able to post a new pic reflecting that (or more) weight loss sometime this week or next.


It's hard work to keep focused and stay committed to this goal, but every day I get a little bit closer. I've also begun to keep track of my inches lost so stay tuned for an update about that sometime soon.

One thing that has helped in maintaining my accountability is this website here. It's been pretty helpful and informative. I would suggest checking it out if you are trying to lose or maintain your weight. I have about 87 lbs left to lose to get to the weight that I would like to be. I know my goal may have to be pushed back if we get pregnant. But I am completely okay with that. I know my body is already healthier than it was when we conceived Joseph.

As most of you know from the time that Jeremiah left at the beginning of January we had about 14 weeks left of his training. We planned a visit at about week 7. That way we could see each other at the half way point. The day for Joseph and I to leave for Georgia is fast approaching. This will be Joseph's 5th airplane ride. I know he'll do well. I've been trying to prepare him for the trip. I'm a little bit nervous. When we flew before it was one toddler up against two parents. Now it's one toddler against one parent. I'm sure I have nothing to worry about though. We will get to spend about 4 days with Jeremiah. And I think it's safe to say all 3 of us are excited.

Joseph was pretty sick for a big chunk of January. He subsequently had a seizure and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. I am thankful to say that he seems over the worst of his illness, and is back to his normal self. I am thankful for the the thoughts, prayers, and ways that friends and family extended themselves to help me during this tough time.

Life is hard, but good right now. We're clicking down the days until Jeremiah will be home again. I'm learning everyday how to be a better wife and mother. And everyday I come a little bit closer to the weight I'd like to see on the scale. To quote a great song, "life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride." I couldn't agree more.


1 comment: