Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Red Dress

So, I've been using pictures of really just my face to show my weight loss progression. I know that will only work so long. So, I've decided to go a little further. I have a dress, that although I can squeeze myself into, does not fit. It is a size 16. That's a size I haven't been able to comfortably wear since well before our wedding. Even my wedding dress was a size 18. This dress you will see me photographed in has been put in my 'donate' pile several times. My husband always pulls it out and says something along the lines of, "Keep this, I like it." I actually have never fit into the dress. When I bought it, I thought someday I would fit into it, but that was years and years ago. But, I've hung onto it, because I know he likes it, and what girl doesn't want to wear something that they know their husband really likes?

So, I will be using photos of me in this dress to depict my weight loss journey. When I finally get the dress to fit properly I will have to come up with a new idea, but for now here are the pics. Each week I will use one of these first pics along side the newest pic of me in it as a comparison. All of these pics were taken today, and are of me at a weight loss of 25lbs (87 lbs left to lose). I will take a new pic next week to compare.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you said "[WHEN] I finally get the dress to fit properly I will have to come up with a new idea."

    You are awesome and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! That's part of the reason why I'm documenting this journey because I hope it will inspire other people to get healthier too!

    ReplyDelete