Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Praises

Life is good.

It feels good to say (uh, type) that. Praise and glory goes to God for getting me back to a place where I can feel confident in saying that. I know my pain, my suffering was not for naught. I know it was part of His plan. I know where I am today was in His plans as well.

Let me start by saying, again I'm sure, how happy I am that my family is once again united. I once again have a sense of satisfaction and completion that was missing during these nearly 5 months. I am happy to have my help-mate and partner back under the same roof as me. I am happy that Joseph has his father home.

There are few people in my life that can truly empathize and understand what my life has been like during these absences. I am so appreciative of the women who have worn these shoes before and can give me direction and guidance. There's a big sense of peace knowing that you aren't alone and that someone has been through (and survived) what you are going through. I really hope that if we ever decide for Jeremiah to go active duty or if he is deployed that we have an opportunity to live on post. There is such a sense of community, unity, and family that I have rarely seen displayed elsewhere.

That leads me to my next point. I love being a part of this community of military spouses. There is such an overwhelming sense of pride for my husband and our family to be able to serve our country in the capacity we are. I love how much my husband enjoys being a part of this community. I love how much appreciation and gratitude he and our family receives for his bravery and willingness to put his life on the line for freedom.

I have such a sense of pride and joy knowing that I can take care of our family while he is away financially taking care of our family and protecting our freedoms. It's hard. It's exhausting. But it is wrought with blessings. I know deep inside that this is path God has been leading us towards. I have no doubt that everything we've gone through prior to enlistment was preparing us to be at the point we are. God does not call the equipped, He equips the called.

There is no way our marriage or my sanity would have survived had we done this right after we met or even right after marriage. I know God led us here in His perfect timing, and although I don't know where He plans to take us from here; I am content with the fact that He is control and will never leave us.

But like I said. Life is good. I am happy.

I am happy to be fulfilling the calling God placed on my heart so many years ago of being a mother. I love that I am a hands on stay at home mother and homemaker know. I am so content and satisfied in the knowledge that I am providing and doing so much more for my husband and son than I would have been able to do with a bi-monthly paycheck.

I've been a wife for nearly 7 years now. Everyday I learn something new. I like to think of myself as a fine wine. I feel I've really matured as the years have gone by. I know a year from now I'll be more capable and mature than I am now. God is great and He never ceases to give me situations to learn and mature by.

I'm so much more satisfied in my life and in my 'roles' than I ever was when I was working and helping to 'bring home the bacon.' I'm getting good at the routines and the cleaning. (For those of you who know me I never really had any cleaning responsibilities until I was married) It's been a learning process. I love planning for and preparing my family's meals. I revel in the fact that I am impacting their lives in ways they probably don't even see. I feel useful. I feel needed. And I know that what I give to our family is just as important as what my husband gives to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment