Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 11 of 30

Today's Tip:
Okay, so I know a lot of people that read my blog probably will not agree with this, but I said this would be things that I've tried to incorporate for my weight loss. That being said, unless you have a metabolic, hormonal or thyroid disorder losing weight can be accomplished with diet and/or exercise. For those of you who may have injuries and think that you cannot lose weight, you would be wrong. While my husband has been gone most of my weight loss came from just calorie counting. I would try to workout occasionally but with raising a toddler and running a home on my own it was nearly impossible to find a chance to get it done.

If you've tried calorie counting and are not seeing any progress (and are legitimately doing the calorie counting and portions properly) then it's time to see a doctor. If your body cannot lose weight by creating a calorie deficit there may be an underlying issue that needs to be addressed.

It's my opinion that there are no short cuts to becoming healthy, fit and losing weight. Yes, there are pills, supplements, surgeries, and such that can help you shed pounds quickly, but most of them do not require you to change your habits so you will either stop losing and begin gaining as soon as you stop taking the magic potion or you will have to be on it for the rest of your life to avoid weight gain. To me that isn't a solution.

So I'm here to tell you, it can be done with diet and exercise. Please don't fall for the gimmicks that the weight loss companies bombard you with. There is no easy way out of obesity. It's going to take time and hard work. And a hell of a lot of dedication.

Today's Foodie Tip:
Try kale! It's delicious. Seriously, try it! I hadn't tried it until recently so I understand your hesitation. It's great it soups or just sauteed with a little bit of garlic and oil. Give it a try! You won't be sorry you did.

Today's Exercise Tip:
Clean your house! Did you know that a 150 lb person can burn about 4 calories a minute doing housework? Spend 30 minutes doing it and you've burned 120 calories. Just one more reason to clean your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment