Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 14 of 30

Today's Tip:
If you are struggling with not feeling full when you finish a meal (because you are observing proper portions) try drinking a full glass of water a few minutes before sitting down to eat. The extra water will not only help you meet your water consumption for the day but should fill up your belly enought that when you add your meal into there you feel more full.

Today's Foodie Tip:
Try a sweet potato. Sweet potatos are much more healthy for you than your regular russet or white potatoes. You can bake them or mash them just like regular potatoes.

SP (Sweet potatoes) are full of vitamin C, potassium, and beta-carotene.

Today's Exercise Tip:
There's a lot of controversy over this next tip. Many people in the fitness world do not encourage or endorse crunches or sit ups. There's mixed findings in studies over whether or not they make any sort of progress in the the belly flattening department.

But, again, I said I would tell you what I do. And I do perform crunches at least twice a week. I've noticed a flattening of my waist and tummy pouch and although it's likely that all of my new healthy behaviors have made this happen I am not going to discount the crunches either.

There are different ways to do crunches. I like doing the regular ones and then doing some with my legs up on a chair. I also have been doing some where I bring my knees toward my waist at the same time I do the crunch.

So contrary to some people's beliefs I really think it helps tone. But like any exercise it may not work for you. You can also use other core exercises to build and tone your abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment