Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 3 of 30

Today's Tip:
Say NO to 'diet' food. It is my opinion that unless you are diabetic you should NEVER consume artificial sweetners. It's my opinion that they are unhealthy for your body. I've read many studies about healthy risks and I've also read many papers from personal trainers who believe that these artificial sweetners confuse the body (because it isn't quite sure how to break them down) and cause your body to store. Eat real sugar, if you can't afford the calories then maybe you should NOT be eating whatever it was to begin with. I will not buy ANY food with 'diet' sweetners in them. My child does not consume them either. If a food boasts that it has less sugar, or uses to the words 'lite' or 'diet' be sure to read the label. More often than not it is full of artificial sweetners. And I'll reiterate my earlier point, if you are eating these to cut calories than perhaps the best thing for you is to not have it at all.

Today's Exercise Tip:
Alternate your workouts. You don't want to do all cardio and you don't want to do all strength training/weight training. You need a bit of each. Think about it this way, yes, cardio does burn more calories - but- strength/weight training tones and builds muscle. A pound of muscle burns a hell of a lot more calories throughout the day than a pound of fat. So the more muscles on your body the more calorie burning will be happening without you even thinking about it. Personally I alternate at every workout. My workout schedule is something like this (I've altered it to fit my week): Mondays - off (this is primarily because I do much of my cleaning, shopping, meal planning, check book balancing, and such on this day and I would just stress myself out if I knew I had to fit working out in there ), Tuesdays - cardio, Wednesdays - strength training, Thursdays - off (this is laundry at my parent's house and I also take care of the church bulletin - meaning I don't get home until after 11pm some Thursdays and I usually haven't even eaten dinner at that point), Fridays - cardio, Saturdays - strength training, and Sundays - off (as of right now I have this as an off day, further down the road I plan on adding cardio to it, unfortunately right now it's hit and miss depending on my husband's work schedule and what else we have planned that day).

Today's Foodie Tip:
Fast food is okay in moderation. But you have to know what's best on the menu and again - USE MODERATION. If you are leaving a meal stuffed, you have eaten way too much. Now as a former fast food junkie I know what you're saying, "So, I can still eat at McDonald's and lose weight? Yeah, right." It's true though. I still eat fast food on a semi - regular basis. I just eat it differently. You can conveniently check out most fast food restaurants nutrition boards online before you even head there to buy. That is what I suggest. I will give you some of my personal favorites and their caloric totals:

McDonalds: Cheeseburger and a small fry at 530 calories total.
Burger King: Whopper Jr. (Minus Mayo) and small onion rings at 490 calories total.
Taco Bell: 2 Chicken Soft Tacos (Fresco Style) at 340 calories total.

So those are just some options. It's possible to eat on the go, you just have to be wise about it. Of course it's better to not eat fast food at all, but I'm a realist and I know in this day and age it's nearly an impossibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment