Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 8 of 30

As you noticed I didn't blog yesterday. During really hectic times it may be necessary for me to take a day or two off to focus on life in the real world. But I will try to keep it minimal so I can get these 30 days done as quickly as possible.

Today's Tip:
I'm a planner by nature so this next tip is easy for me to follow. It may be harder for you spontaneous, fly by the seat of your pants people. My suggestion is to plan your meals out. Know what you're eating for dinner throughout the week. Know what you are planning on eating the next day. And know what you are planning on ordering if possible before you go to a restaurant. This will give you a chance to plan your calories out for the day and also will allow you to follow a plan and stay on track in case you are really hungry by the time you get to the restaurant. It's really hard for me to eat well and healthy when I get to a restaurant hungry. But I've found that if I plan out my meal before I get there I'm more likely to follow my plan and eat an appropriate amount of calories.

Today's Foodie Tip:
I love ice cream. Who doesn't? I have a really hard time following the portion size on the side of the ice cream carton. I mean who only eats 1/2 a cup of ice cream? So I want to give you some suggestions of how to satisfy your ice cream urges while not sabotaging your day (calorie wise that is). First of all, try frozen yogurt. You will find it right next to the ice cream. Frozen yogurt comes in many different flavors and has only a fraction of the fat and calories that ice cream does. Therefore you can have a small bowl of it and not ruin your diet. I also really like the Weight Watchers individual cups of ice cream. Yes, I know it's a proper serving of ice cream but I guess it doesn't feel like it since it's in its own container. Sorbet is a really good alternative too. I love Hagen Daas raspberry sorbet! One more suggestion is the Weight Watcher ice cream bars/snacks and Skinny Cow's ice cream bars and snacks. Since they come in single serving portions it's easier to stay on track. Plus they taste really good. Be sure to read the labels though and only purchase the ones with sugar in them (unless you're a diabetic of course).

Today's Exercise Tip:
Unless you are able to afford and get your money's worth out of a gym membership, you need to have ways to train at home. I've tried the gym membership route and I don't get my money's worth. Of course the last time I had a membership was years ago and you couldn't do the pay as you go like you can today. But anyways, I would invest in a couple hand weights (get at least 5 pounds) or some resistance bands. This gives you the tools to do some strength training every week and not have to even leave your living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment