Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Be the Little Blue Train

Have any of you ever read the book, 'The Little Engine that Could'? I think it's time to revisit this book for a lot of you. Maybe I'm overemotional, maybe I'm overly irritable. But I'm getting a little frustrated with the "I cannot, I cannot, I cannot" mentally.

I mean c'mon folks, don't we all have enough conspiring against us on a regular basis? Why add to that by being your own worst enemy?

Stop with the excuses. If you want to do something, do it. Do you think that little blue train would have made it up the mountain if she sat there thinking, "Well, I'm really tired" or "I would rather do something else" or "This is going to be way too hard to even try."

If you want to lose weight stop with the excuses. Begin eating healthier, less processed foods, and smaller portions. If you want to change the way your body looks then start exercising, even just walking. No one is holding a gun to your head making you keep your unhealthy butt on the couch or shoving processed, unhealthy foods in large quantities down your throat. You are doing it, and only you can stop it.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing people complain about how unhealthy or overweight they are, but they aren't willing to do anything about it. And I will reiterate this again even though it was in another of my blog entries, if you watch your portions and calories and move a little bit more there is no reason why you should not lose weight. The only reason you would not lose weight is if you have a metabolic or hormonal imbalance that would need to be treated by a doctor. So when you say diet and exercise don't work for you, it's bologna. No you can't guzzle down pop, booze, and huge amounts of processed foods and expect results. Only you can change the path you're on.

Listen, I'm not saying anyone is perfect. It's a struggle for me to stay on course as well. But I spent so much of my life learning how to be unhealthy it's going to take a while to truly learn how to be healthy. Quit waiting for tomorrow to start on the right path, trust me there will always be another tomorrow, and if you wait for tomorrow to get here I can guarantee it will never come.

No comments:

Post a Comment