Sunday, January 8, 2012

6w1d

Here's the growth info for the baby this week:


Your baby is now about the size of a blueberry (and about 10,000 times bigger than he was at conception). Most of that growth is concentrated in the head as new brain cells are generated at the rate of 100 per minute. Your baby's mouth and tongue are forming as arm and leg buds sprout, and those little kidneys are getting ready to do their job (pee production and excretion).


Ten thousand times bigger than he/she was at conception! What an amazing miracle!!


I'm feeling good. I'm feeling pregnant. Which, what my friend Emma reminded me the other day, is proof that the pregnancy is healthy and progressing as it should.


Morning sickness has hit me pretty good the last few days. I've not actually thrown up, but I'm queasy a lot - for most of the day. I feel good when I eat and right after I eat, but other than that my stomach is off.


I'm exhausted. Joseph's been a good kid and allowed Mommy to sleep during his quiet time lately. I appreciate that to no end.


I'm experiencing a lot of pulling/stretching sensations in what I believe is my uterus. And I'm bloated (even though I've not gained weight - my pants are not truly fitting anymore).


Tomorrow is our first doctor's appointment. I am very excited. I am looking forward to hearing how the pregnancy is progressing, and finding out how the baby is doing. I'll be sure to blog tomorrow and let you all know how it goes. At our first appointment with Joseph we had an ultrasound, but this is a new OB and I'm not quite sure what to expect. I was further along with Joseph (1o weeks) too, so it might be too early for anything too fancy.


And according to big brother Joseph, the baby is a girl. He has decided we will name it Baby Girl Aberlich. I hope he's right about the baby's sex. If I remember correctly we're probably about 12 weeks or so away from finding out though.



No comments:

Post a Comment