Tuesday, January 24, 2012

8w3d

Here's the growth info for the baby this week:

Your baby, now the size of a green olive, has grown about an inch since last week. Tiny muscles are beginning to form, so while he might not be ready to pump iron, he's gearing up to move his arms and legs. It's still too soon to feel anything in your belly, but you might be able to hear something at your next checkup. Try listening for your baby's heartbeat via a Doppler device — that welcome sound should be audible anytime now.

Well, this week has brought more bleeding. With the exception of one episode last week it's been brown (which indicates old blood) and it's scant. But it's still here and it's still worrisome. It seems like I'll have it for a couple days and then nothing for a couple days. It also seems like on the days when I do have it, it will start heavier in the morning and get lighter and lighter throughout the day. From what I've read it's normal to have the bleeding with the type of placental bleed I have. From the research I've done it could be my body's way of "bleeding" out the hematoma and taking care of the problem. Nonetheless it's scary and I'll be glad when this part of this pregnancy is in the rear-view mirror. I'll be glad when I'm far enough along to feel the baby, I know that will give me the reassurance that our little one is still thriving inside.

My morning sickness is still in full swing. I've had it pretty strong for the last two weeks. I've actually not had it too bad today, thank God! That might have something to do with the fact that I skipped my prenatal last night and took a Flintstone's vitamin instead. But, if that's what I have to do to get some relief, then that's what I'll do. My husband is ready for the morning sickness to be done with as well. Anyone who's had bad morning sickness understands how much it impacts your life. I feel like I can't get anything accomplished. I worked through my morning sickness with Joseph (which I think is a great indication of how mild it was - there's no way I'd be working through this morning sickness).

Other than that I think fatigue is starting to hit home the last couple days too. I've been getting to bed earlier. Crazy pregnancy dreams have begun as well. And of course my BBs are still extremely sore. I also noticed yesterday that they are already leaking a bit. I leaked with Joseph, but I was much farther along. Our next OB appointment is February 6th. I'm hoping by then the bleeding will have stopped and the cyst will have dissolved. Continued prayers for our baby would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment