Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dancing in the Rain

I am happy.

And I'm finding joy in discovering those who truly care about me are happy just because I'm happy too.

It's the ones who can't dance with me and share my joy who are proving that they don't deserve a place in my life.

Thank you to everyone who has uplifted me in thoughts and prayers, shared in my joy, offered congratulations, and provided love and support recently.

If you can't share in other's happiness maybe it's time to evaluate what's making you so personally unhappy. Everyone deserves happiness, why not you?

I've been crying tears of joy. When can you honestly say was the last time you were able to do that?

Normally those who purposely set out to cause discord in my life would push my stress level and my blood pressure through the roof. But, you're not winning this time. I am happy and you are not going to rain on my parade. This baby growing inside of me deserves a mother who will protect it, and that's what I'm doing.

The time of judging me, my decisions, and my parenting abilities has to stop.

So, just know what you're doing is not going unnoticed. There's no reason for you to try harder to make your feelings known. They're known. And it's not for a lack of noticing, but simply that I just don't care.

Many years ago God placed a calling on my life. It's one that my husband has worked extra hard to be sure I could fulfill. Rest assured I'm doing what God called me to do on this planet.

Are you?

Miranda Lambert sings a beautiful song called Virginia Bluebell. It's one of my favorite songs. And I can't think of a quote to better sum up how I'm feeling about this situation than an excerpt from that song. "Umbrella in the rain, let it roll off your back. Weather what you can, realize what you have."

No comments:

Post a Comment