Monday, January 9, 2012

Doctor's Appointment! (6w2d)

Today was our first doctor's appointment. We are using a different OB than the one that delivered Joseph. So I was doubly nervous, not only for the sake of the baby, but also hoping I would like the doctor.

Everything went well. I really like her and she seems on the same page with me with my wants and concerns with this pregnancy.

She confirmed my pregnancy and my due date (September 1st). She didn't do a doppler or an ultrasound because she said it could still be too early and didn't want to put undue stress on me.

She did confirm that my uterus is enlarged to the size it should be for being 6w2d.

She wants me back in two weeks to check how I'm progressing hormone wise. She feels this is necessary due to my history of miscarriage. And if my cramping gets too severe or I have any spotting whatsoever she wants me in the ER. I've not spotted yet, but I did with Joseph so it's a realistic concern.

She also said we'd have our first ultrasound between 11-13 weeks.

She gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medication, but I am going to do my best not to take it. I would rather not take anything unless it's medically necessary and since I'm not vomiting and I'm still able to eat somewhat normally I don't see any reason to take something. I will be honest though, my nausea is worse now than it ever was with Joseph. I didn't even see a glimpse of nausea until 7 weeks with him and even then it wasn't as bad as this. I just think I'm going to be getting a lot of couch time for the next few weeks and taking it easy so it can pass naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment