Tuesday, February 7, 2012

10w2d

Baby growth info for this week:
Your baby (now about two inches long) has been pretty busy this week, growing hair follicles, fingernails, and ovaries (if she's a girl). She has distinct human characteristics by now, with hands and feet in front of her body, with ears nearly in their final shape, open nasal passages on the tip of her tiny nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth, and visible nipples. What else makes her look human? Those hands and feet have individual fingers and toes (meaning good-bye to those froglike webbed hands and feet). Hooray!

I'm having a hard time wanting to update everyone on the pregnancy. I didn't post about it, but last week (Tuesday I believe) I went to the ER again. I had begun to pass very large clots and was having a lot of pain and cramping.

After spending all day in the ER we were told that the baby is still growing right on schedule and has a very strong heartbeat (in the 170's). It looks also like the cyst and placental bleed have resolved. This is good and bad news. It's great that it resolved, but this means there's absolutely no explanation for the bleeding now. The ER doctor told us that at this point with the complications we've been having we have a 50/50 chance of losing the pregnancy. They also said that the gestational sac was irregularly shaped which could be an issue as well.

So, the eternal pessimist I am, doesn't want to update. I'm stuck on the notion that I'm just waiting for this pregnancy to end. I know it's a silly idea, but this will be the second time the doctor was under the inclination I was already miscarrying (during this pregnancy). At this point it's hard to be optimistic. Any prayers you can offer up for our unborn child would be greatly appreciated.

The day after I was in the ER the OB called. Apparently my cultures came back from my last OB appointment and it showed I had an infection. She started me on an antibiotic which has been making me more nauseous than normal (who would have thought that was possible?). I'm glad to be almost done with it, tomorrow is the last day taking it.

I'm still experiencing some hardcore nausea and vomiting. My BBs are still sore and still leaking. I'm moody and tired, and have bizarre dreams every night. I've also started having a lot of round ligament pain.

The ER doctor suggested to continue resting, laying down and taking it easy. I'm just so scared and nervous about this all. I know it's in God's hands, and I just need to keep reminding myself of that fact.

Here are the pictures, they were taken yesterday at 10w1d.



1 comment:

  1. awww im am so sorry you are going thru these issues.. will be saying lots and lots of prayers for you!! rest and rest some more..

    ReplyDelete