Sunday, March 4, 2012

14w1d

Baby growth info for this week:

One way to deal with the havoc of pregnancy hormones: Focus on how much is happening with your baby. She's about the size of an orange this week, her ears have migrated to the sides of her head, and her eyes are moving to the front of her face. Plus, your little smarty-pants can now wiggle her fingers and toes and make breathing movements in preparation for life outside the womb.

I've read a lot of conflicting information about when the average woman can feel her baby. There's a few people that I've mentioned to that I'm feeling movement from the baby and they are in disbelief. They assume I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I felt my first movements with Joseph at 14 weeks. So I'm not at all surprised that I felt them a short time before with this pregnancy. From what I've read, you can expect to feel your baby earlier than your first pregnancy with any subsequent pregnancy. So, believe me or not, I feel it. They are still small movements and I usually only feel them when I'm sitting or lying still. And for the most part I really only feel them in the evening or late at night after Joseph's gone to bed.

I'm still getting sick, if you can believe it. I was sick several times last night. Yes, it's getting much more manageable, but it's getting extremely tiresome at this point. I guess I have this fact to look forward to: The morning sickness should be gone no later than 26 weeks from now.

I'm truly looking forward to finding out the baby's gender. I'm getting an urge to organize and prepare things and I feel like I can't do much until I know what gender to prepare for. My next doctor's appointment is this Thursday and I should be scheduling the big anatomy scan while at there.

The only other thing I've really been experiencing recently is low back pain and also some nagging headaches.

The pictures were taken today at 14w1d.


No comments:

Post a Comment