Sunday, March 11, 2012

15w1d

Here's the growth info for the baby this week:

Your baby now weighs in at a whopping three to five ounces, and he's four to five inches in length. The bones that are now in place in his ears means he can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car. While he’s getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in his body, especially the ones in his back, are gaining strength, so he can straighten out a little more. And thanks to his developing facial muscles, your baby is capable of making a few expressive frowns and squints, even at this early stage. (Don’t worry, those frowns have nothing to do with the sound of your voice!) And his eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed). Peekaboo!

I'm pretty sure morning sickness is gone. However, I won't be sure until I get finished taking this antibiotic for my UTI. This is another strong antibiotic that makes me feel pretty crappy and I am forced to take my nausea medication with it if I want to keep it down. I only have two more days left until I'm finished with it, and I truly hope that it is the last time I will need any antibiotics during this pregnancy.

As far as the PIH is concerned I think I'm doing okay. There are days when I feel not great from the hypertension (massive headaches and just crappytacular feeling) but the other days I am drained and exhausted from the medication actually working and keeping my BP low.

I'm experiencing mild amounts of swelling and some joint pain thanks to the hypertension. It's not too bad though and so far it's been manageable.

The movements from the baby have gotten stronger and more persistent. They are still irregular at times but we're getting there. This baby is easily startled and usually does a little "freak out" when I sneeze or blow my nose.

I'm really hoping that even though I've developed PIH already that I will be able to carry this baby to term. We will be fullterm on August 11th. Of course it will be great if my body could handle this well enough and I won't have to be induced at all and can go on to have this baby on my body's own time, but for right now I'll aim for 37 weeks.

But that's about it. I'm exhausted, but I really think that's medication induced and not pregnancy induced. But hopefully that means the medication is doing it's job and won't need to be adjusted. Continued prayers for me and baby would be greatly appreciated. Our next appointment is a week from tomorrow and if everything goes according to plan we should be finding out the gender in about 3 weeks.

These pictures were taken today at 15w1d.



No comments:

Post a Comment