Sunday, April 22, 2012

21w1d

Milica's growth info for this week:

This week, your baby weighs in at a whopping pound and measures nearly eight inches, about the size of a small doll. But your little doll (who now has eyebrows, eyelashes, and maybe even some hair on that little head) is a living one who can now perceive light and dark. She can also hear your voice, your heartbeat, your gurgling stomach, and the whoosh-whoosh of blood circulating through your body. And as her brain and nerve endings develop, she may reach for her face (or whatever she can reach) just to experiment with her newfound sense of touch.

Now that we're over half way done, I feel like it's all downhill. I feel like things are approaching faster and that time is moving a little quicker. We are approximately 3 weeks away from viability, approximately 5 weeks away from the 3rd and final trimester, approximately 15 weeks away from the gestational age that I delivered Joseph, and less than 16 weeks away from full-term. We're getting there!

I'm definitely feeling the effects of the zombie medication. I know it's wishful thinking that this will be the last time I'm on an antibiotic before she arrives, but I really hope this is it for the extra meds.

I've been having a lot of round ligament pain the last few days. It's welcomed though, because I know the more I grow the bigger chance the placenta will have of shifting upward and allowing for a vaginal delivery.

Nothing really going on out of the ordinary. I'm tired, irritable, emotional, anxious, and sore. I've also been having headaches the last couple of days, but I have a feeling it's something to do with the antibiotics.

Here are the pics for this week. They were taken today at 21w1d.




No comments:

Post a Comment