Monday, May 7, 2012

23w2d

Here is Milica's growth info for this week:

Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.


There's not too much to say about this week. It's been uneventful. And considering the pregnancy I've had thus far, that is a very good thing.

Sleeping well is no longer an option. So, that means I feel tired a lot. I don't know if it's from the insomnia that I've feeling tired or the pregnancy in general.

I'm starting to get really puffy and swollen. It won't be long before my wedding rings won't fit. That makes me sad.

She's definitely a strong kicker. She doesn't kick as often as Joseph did but her kicks are stronger and lower. I think in general I am carrying her much lower than I carried Joseph. I hope that will be helpful when it's time for delivery (that is of course if my placenta shifts and I'm able to have her vaginally).

But other than that nothing too crazy going on. Joseph is of course still very excited. He tells most people he meets that he has a baby sister coming. He's ready to meet her. I can't wait to see him in his role of big brother. He already talks to her and tries to tickle and play with her. They're going to share such a special relationship.

The pics are from today at 23w2d.


No comments:

Post a Comment