Wednesday, May 23, 2012

25w4d

Here is the growth info for Milica for this week:

She now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. (“Hey, I'm in here, Mommy! Where’s the party!”) What accounts for that response? Her brain is more developed and sophisticated.

We're now halfway through the 20's (weeks that is). I am about 10 days away from starting the last trimester.

I've been feeling so-so. Some days I feel fine, just a little tired. Other days I feel miserable.

I had a really bad headache this week. I think it might have to do with a lack of sleep. I've not been sleeping well, at all. I'm trying to push myself to do more things during the day so that I'm exhausted come bed time. It worked yesterday, we'll see if it works tonight too.

I've been having some pretty bad Braxton Hicks this week. A couple of them made me stop in my tracks and do rhythmic breathing.

I'm getting nervous that I may have another UTI. Things don't feel quite right when I go to the bathroom.

I've not heard anything about the gestational diabetes test. No news is usually good news. So, I'm going to assume I've passed.

Next week we'll have an ultrasound to see if the placenta has shifted. I'm excited because it will be the first OB appointment that my husband has been able to attend. He was able to go to the NT scan at 12 weeks, but he hasn't been able to be there for a scan since she was itty bitty. This pregnancy is a lot different since he hasn't been able to attend most of these appointments. With Joseph he went to nearly every appointment. I am thankful that he is working full time now though and understand that not having him at every appointment is a small sacrifice for financial stability. Since this is a different OB than we had with Joseph I am anxious for him to meet her.

I have all the classic symptoms at this point. In no particular order: frequent urination, full (and sore) BBs, moodiness, itchy skin, hemorrhoids (I was hoping to skip this one, but I guess not), insomnia, RLS, ligament pains, nasal congestion, and swelling. I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but you get the idea.

Onto the pictures.. These are from today at 25w4d.



No comments:

Post a Comment