Thursday, May 31, 2012

26w5d & Doctor's Appt.!

Milica's growth info for this week:

For a baby, it's time to trade in the old crown-to-rump measurement for a new head-to-toe standard. So what are your baby’s stats this week (which, coincidentally, is the end of the second trimester)? Fifteen inches — more than a foot long — and triple (or even quadruple) what it was in week 12. Her weight is creeping up the charts as well, coming in at just over two pounds. More big news: Your baby may recognize your voice by now, so feel free to serenade your belly (start learning those lullabies!).

I've not updated for this week (week 26) so I'm combining this post with my post about the OB appointment from this week.

Firstly, the OB appointment went well. My BP was 124/80. That's perfect. The top number did creep up a little bit, but the number we're most concerned about keeping low is the bottom one.

I am measuring pretty much on schedule. The OB had a resident working with her today and told me I was measuring a little bit ahead. But when I saw the OB I asked her and she said that I measured at 27 weeks which is less than 2 days ahead. So, for all accounts and purposes I am measuring right on schedule.

Milica's heart-rate was in the 150's, as usual.

She reminded me that at 32 weeks I will start going for weekly NSTs and fluid checks. And as long as everything stays on course I will be able to continue only seeing her every two weeks for awhile. This is a big accomplishment for me. With Joseph when I hit 30 weeks and the PIH started I had to begin seeing the OB twice a week and having NSTs twice a week. Four appointments a week when you are already feeling miserable is not fun. This means that I'm doing better so far than I was with Joseph. Of course, the stuff with Joseph did not really start falling apart until 30 weeks, so anything can happen. But I'm hoping this means I get to wait until 37 weeks for a delivery and I'd love to get as close to her EDD as possible.

After the OB appointment we had our ultrasound scheduled to find out the position of my low-lying placenta. The ultrasound techs do not give you too much info, but she did say during the test at one point, "Here is your placenta" and the wand was up above my belly button. I hope this means the placenta is in a good position for a vaginal delivery. I'll find out for sure in 2 weeks.

Milica was pretty active for the ultrasound. Her Daddy and big brother loved seeing her. This was the first time Daddy had been able to be present for an ultrasound since the first trimester when she was itty bitty and nothing was really distinguishable yet.

Milica was moving, waving and wiggling around during most of the test. We even caught her sucking her thumb. We actually saw her making a sucky face with her mouth open and then watched her pop her little thumb in and start going to town. So, I think there is a big possibility our little girl will come out a thumb sucker.

She is also officially up to 2lbs right on the nose. She is still also in the head down position.

This week hasn't been too bad. I actually felt her having the hiccups last night. It was pretty cute. Other than that I'm just dealing with the normal nearly 3rd trimester symptoms. Speaking of 3rd trimester, we will be there in just two short days!

I'm having a lot of pelvic and hip discomfort. I think it's something I'll just need to get used to for a while though. My ligaments are so loose and relaxed that my leg keeps popping out from my hip regularly.

I'm tired, a lot. But I think that's been my biggest complaint the whole pregnancy.

She is also getting really strong and some of her movements are pain causing movements. She of course still loves hearing her Daddy and brother and usually goes crazy when she hears them near her.

Here are the pics for this week. They were taken at 26w3d. I will do my best to update on time next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment