Sunday, June 24, 2012

30w1d


Milica's growth info for this week:


Weighing in at three-plus pounds and measuring 18 inches long, your baby is quickly approaching her birth length — though she's got to pack on another three to five pounds before D-day. Also developing at an impressive clip: your baby's brain connections (she's got to make trillions of them!). She's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. She's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when she’s pretty still).

First of all, I've passed a milestone. At this point in my pregnancy with Joseph I was already on bedrest. I am so thankful that I'm doing well enough that that is not a necessity. I hope we can keep it that way.

That being said. I'm tired. Absolutely drained and exhausted would be a proper description. I don't know how much is third trimester related, how much is hypertension related, or how much is BP med related. All I know is I have no stamina for anything anymore. Doing something simple like getting dressed or taking a shower zaps any energy I may have.

Eating is also getting to be a little frustrating. My stomach has lost it's capacity due to my expanding uterus and I can't eat as much as I'd like to be eating at meals. This means I'm having to eat much more frequently. I never got this issue with Joseph. I would always read about women talking about how they couldn't fit anything in their belly, but I never experienced it with him.

I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions on a daily basis now. I occasionally have what I would consider a "real" contraction thrown in there too.

We're planning a family vacation to the western part of the state from my 35th to 36th week. I'm a little nervous about how well I'll be feeling. I think I might be spending a lot of time in the hotel room.

I'm so excited to finally be in the 30 week range! According to my pregnancy tracker I am also now in the 8th month of this pregnancy.

Here are the pictures. They were taken today at 30w1d.



No comments:

Post a Comment