Monday, July 2, 2012

31w2d

Milica's growth info for this week:

Your baby's total length is 18.9 inches (42cm) and she is perfectly formed! She measures about 11.6 inches (29cm) from crown to rump. All she has to do is fill out more. Your baby weighs almost 4 pounds (1800g). If she were to be born now, she would still need to be incubated as she has insufficient fat stores to keep it warm. Your baby can distinguish between light and dark. Your baby can hear the outside world quite well now, and can also hear the sounds of your heartbeat, your digestion and the blood rushing in the umbilical cord. The pitch of women's voices are in the range babies are most able to hear over all the internal background noise. Your baby is already familiar with your voice and will be able to recognize it after birth.

I'm so excited to be in this final leg of the pregnancy journey. It's been a long scary journey and I'm so glad that each day we're inching just a little bit closer to meeting our daughter.

There's been a slight reoccurence of the 1st trimester symptoms. I'm experiencing fatigue, excess EWCM, sore BBs, fatigue (did I mention that?), and mild nausea (luckily it's not as severe as the morning sickness was though).

I'm having trouble sleeping. It's not insomnia this time. I am absolutely tired and ready for sleep but I just can't get in a comfortable position. Last night I was trying to read in bed and it was nearly impossible to find a comfortable reading position that still allowed me to breathe. Breathing is getting harder and harder. I feel short of breath often throughout the day. I know it's from the pressure of my uterus. But it's just one more piece of evidence that I'm carrying different that I did with Joseph, because I never had this problem with him.

The exhaustion is probably the hardest for my boys to understand. I just don't have even a fraction of the energy I once did and I'm always kind of out of it because of the fatigue. I keep reassuring Joseph that he'll have his normal Mommy back in a few more weeks.

I've not had too many cravings throughout this pregnancy. But lately I cannot get enough Burger King Whoppers. In fact, I wish I had one right now!

These pics were taken yesterday at 31w1d.


No comments:

Post a Comment