Wednesday, July 11, 2012

32w4d

Milica's growth info for this week:

Your baby now weighs about 4.4 lbs (2000g) and measures about 12 inches (30cm) from crown to rump and about 19.4 inches (43cm) (I don't completely buy the length stats anymore. Joseph was born at 36 weeks and was only 18.75 inches) in total. Now that your baby is running out of room in your womb, you can probably see your belly moving as your baby kicks. (NOW?!? This has been happening since about 23 or 24 weeks!)Your baby may dream as she sleeps and when awake she may be alert, listening, feeling and even seeing dim shapes. Though your baby is still inside the womb, she is learning all the time as billions of neurons are making connections. Your baby is probably in her birth position by now (Yes, and Milica has been since 19 weeks). Your baby's lungs may be sufficiently developed by now, though if she were born now, she would probably still need an incubator to stay warm.

This is where I give you some numbers that totally astound me. We are 51 days away from Milica's due date. We are 30 days away from full-term. And we are 24 days away from the gestational age that I delivered Joseph. I've felt like this pregnancy has taken forever. But then I see these numbers and I can't believe she will be here within weeks. WEEKS!

Before I get into how I've been feeling I want to take a moment and talk about how lucky, fortunate, and blessed I am. I am so happy that I have a husband that is as excited about welcoming our new child as I am. He loves her so much. I love that he takes the time to talk to her and put his hands on her. I love that he is proud of my growing bump and that he finds it beautiful and special. I know not all women are fortunate to have this, and I am so thankful that I do.

So, a week ago today I went into L&D. My OB was to be out of town and I had been experiencing a lot of cramping and what felt like a possible infection (down there). The L&D resident took some swabs and made some slides and found that I had a yeast infection. They prescribed a cream and sent me on my way. I wasn't getting any relief with the cream though and as of yesterday was still cramping a lot. The cramping was tolerable but I didn't want to take any chances of it signaling cervical changes at only 32 weeks, so I tried to get into the OB's office. Unfortunately, since she had been out of town she was completely booked solid. The nurse talked to her and she requested that I head into L&D just to be checked out and make sure everything was okay.

I was lucky enough to be able to see the same resident at L&D. Thankfully he remembered everything from the week prior. He did some more swabs and made another slide to see if anything had changed or if anything new was growing. He also checked my cervix this time since I'd been cramping for so long. My cervix is still high, thick, and closed. This was a relief for me because I was beginning to get concerned about early dilation with all the cramping. The doctor was able to find a bacterial infection once he checked this new slide. It explained the continuing cramping and discharge I was still experiencing. This is my 4th (if I'm remembering correctly) vaginal infection this pregnancy. It means a round of what I call "Zombie" pills.

So, this week has obviously brought a lot of cramping (but hopefully that will be relieved after a few days of the antibiotics). I'm starting to get my preggo insomnia back. I'm exhausted (but the insomnia and the infection could be contributing to this). I've been experiencing a lot of heartburn the last few days. And I've noticed some swelling and growth in the BB department.
These pictures were taken on 32w1d.

No comments:

Post a Comment