Saturday, August 4, 2012

35w0d & NST/ 36w0d & NST

I totally fell off the blogging band wagon while on vacation. So, this post will be comprised of last week's (35)  growth info, NST info, and pics - in addition this entry will also include this week's (36) pics, NST info, growth info and how I'm feeling.

Week 35

Your baby weighs about 6 lbs (2750g) and measures about 20.7 inches (46cm) in length. Crown to rump measurement is about 13.5 inches (34cm). Your baby now feels lower in your pelvis. Your baby continues to grow, kick, and move about. Your baby's face has filled out and the cheeks now look plump and full. Fat baby cheeks are caused by fat deposits, but also by powerful sucking muscles which your baby has been honing by sucking her thumb. Your baby's skull is firm, but it is not hard as it needs to give a little when it is passing through the birth canal. Your baby's head is probably down by now, but about three percent of babies present in a breech (bottom down) position.

The NST right before I left for vacation went good. My BP was a little up at 133/82, but it wasn't too bad. I had only 2 contractions or so while I was there. Her AFI was 11. She is doing awesome.

The pics were taken at 35w0d.



Week 36

Milica's growth info for this week:

She weighs approximately 6.5 lbs (2950g) and her total length is about 21 inches (47cm). Your baby's crown to rump measurement is about 14 inches (35cm). By now, your baby's head may have engaged into your pelvis. You may feel that your baby occasionally has hiccups from her "practice breathing". Though your baby is nearly considered full term, she is still growing and developing both her body and her brain. She is still laying down fat at a rate of more than half an ounce every day.

I am feeling worn out, stretched and sore. No doubt that the vacation has helped create a lot of the worn out feelings. It's getting extremely uncomfortable to walk. Sometimes it's painful to walk. I think this might signal Milica beginning to "engage" in my pelvis.

I'm having contractions every day, but nothing consistent or timeable.

My swelling is beginning to get a little worse. I'm definitely not as swollen as I was with Joseph, but I'm on my way. Speaking of Joseph, I was induced with him at 36w0d which is how far along I am today. That means that come tomorrow I will officially be in uncharted pregnancy territory.

I'm moody to say the least. I know my boys like this part of me least of all right now.

My NST went well today. Milica's AFI was 14. That's the highest one we've had so far. She is doing wonderful.

My BP was up a little more than last time 130/88. If that bottom number keeps creeping up we may not be able to go to the EDD. I'm hoping that after I rest some from our trip things will go back down into the normal range.

Since I was there in triage I mentioned to the nurse I'd been having some discharge and feared I may have developed another infection. So, the OB resident decided to do an exam. She did my GBS test since she was going to be swapping anyways (I should know the results at my next OB appt.) and then checked for an infection. I'm relieved to say that I do not have another infection. She believes that what I'm seeing as far as discharge is the loss of my mucus plug. I had wondered if that was the case, but since I didn't see first hand the loss of my plug with Joseph I wasn't truly sure what to look for. She also checked my cervix. My cervix is lower than at my last exam and I am dilated 1-2. I am still completely thick though (so 0% effacement). She did not tell me how engaged Milica was and I forgot to ask.

My next OB appt. is on Thursday and my next NST is on Friday. So, I will update on Friday with the info from both appointments.

Here are the pics for this week. They were taken today at 36w0d. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I think she looks lower.


No comments:

Post a Comment